The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Trust

How far is too far for us to decide that someone isn’t trustworthy? If someone does something to you that hurts you in the long run is it necessarily their fault? Do you blame them and end the friendship? Do you accept their sorry and move on?
I’m not sure yet. To me someone knows you inside and out. They are suppose to care about you enough to have your back no matter what. There will be times when their needs may compromise your life and they have to make an honest decision on that and that alone.
What would you do for a friend? How far would you go to protect someone that you love? Is it every a possibility to love a friend so much that you look out for them over your own benefit?
I trust people with no boundaries until you form them. Once you start showing me where your limitations are I pull back from those circumstances. If I allow you to harm me on something that I knew you couldn’t be trusted on in the first place then I’m wrong. But if I trust you and you assure that you can be trusted and you stab me in the back then the blame falls on you and the friendship is up for debate.
I was wronged and I blamed myself at first but then you went a step further and wronged me again. Now I feel that it’s war and there is no need for me to fight you because I still maintain my standards. Now that I know I can’t trust you I will love you still but I will never allow you in that space again. The shame is that the space is my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment