The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Thursday, February 4, 2010

So Much Better

Woke up to another misty morning, not sure how the day will be by the time I get to work. Right on time I receive my daily, "Good Morning Sunshine" and my day turns brighter.

There are moments when you sit on the edge of your bed and ponder the next steps of your life. The future for us all is so undecided even though we may feel we are on track and have things in place. I tried avoiding so much for so long because I didn't want to experience the pain of actually dealing with the ending results.

Now I take giant steps towards the bigger picture and that fear of what may happen has suddenly disappeared. I guess once you realize that it's important to experience those highs and lows to achieve the goals you want, then it all seems to make sense.

Maybe if I started getting things easier it would be taken for granted. Thinking like that makes you understand where you are in life and what you need to do to live better. At this moment I feel like I'm living my life for the first time. I'm starting to feel like I am actually making serious decisions and I'm following through. It seems like the road ahead isn't always paved with hard times and difficult moments. I see a ending to my journey and it all depends on my strength to get me through it.

It was always said in my family that nothing comes to us easy. We never knew why and never could understand. We feel that we are good people, we feel that we give back in so many ways but we always face so much loss and heart ache. Now my perception is a little different. I believe that things will get better and they are getting that.

I have a job that is secure, I have a talent that I am pursuing, I have a loving family, I will soon have a loving little family of my own, and the topper is I am in love with a great man that is making my life brighter by the day. I didn't see these things until I woke up and watched the mist fall from the sky. I didn't see how wonderful my life was while the sun was shining!

It's in those darkest of moments where you see that life is so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment