The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Thursday, February 4, 2010

In-Laws!

In-Laws are funny! I guess in the straight world and in the gay one. They are seldom supportive of you when their sibling introduces you to the family. Some of them pretend to like you for the sake of the sibling and not you. In the case of a homosexual relationship they protest their feelings about the gay part not you as a person but yet they cannot seperate the fact that you are merely a person that happens to be gay.
Before they knew that you were gay they felt you were this gift from GOD touching the entire family and bringing so much life to such a dark family unit. Once they know that you are gay then you are the root of evil that has seperated their sibling from the family.
Naturally I am speaking from real experience and I pray to all that you never experience what I have experienced. People grieve in different ways I am sure but never have I experienced someone making you the target of their pain and sufferring.
To me I feel it's all guilt that I've shared 10 years with someone that they casted aside as a disposable camera. When he was needed you couldn't blink without a phone call coming through all hours of the night and baby brother to the rescue. Once his purpose was served then he was casted out once again.
Now that he's gone they want to lay claims to personal items. To me the most valuable item has been taken away and no matter how much anger you throw someone's way because of your hurt won't heal the saddened heart. You are angry because of your lack of action when he lived and walked this earth, but now you hate and envy me because I alone can tell his story.
I have been empowered in such a way that I can survive this great loss and cry tears of missing him and not tears of, "I should have, maybe if I had more time I could have..."
To all that may read this, no matter the differences, no matter the problems or disagreements, people are gifts and just because they may come to you a little damaged and scuffed doesn't mean that they don't serve a purpose in your life. So to those out there who struggle in your relationships with your family, friend or mate...remember that once they are gone you never get the chance to say I'm sorry!
Love all and cherish many!

No comments:

Post a Comment