The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Still I Stand

Blows may come and blows may go but the one thing that remains true is the strength you gain when you survive. The one thing that I have realized since the loss of my brother and barely 3 weeks later the loss of my Mom is that we are powerless to our destiny. Life is taken for granted every time you say, "I can do it tomorrow!"
Life is not a gift unless you live it. I refuse to allow the world's bullshit keep me from my goals and my happiness. Things are placed in front of you for a reason yet most of us look right over the signs.
Just a few weeks ago I thought that it would be impossible for me to wake up because my heart was so heavy. Then my Mom passes away and I haven't really gotten through the greiving of my brother Anthony. Yet still I stand! I cry thinking of the good times and great conversations and I smile without guilt or hesitation.
I see so many people complaining about how their family doesn't get along and how they choose not to go home because of drama. I look them in their eyes and show them what happens when you loose someone that is a part of you. You may argue and you may even fight, but this person is still an extension to who you are or who you will become. Your souls are connected and no matter what you may think about one another, if you should loose each other it will change your life. The biggest thing is if GOD decided to take someone close to you could you say that I was there until the end, or would it be I wish I'd made up with them before they left this earth.
Some of us only get one chance to make it right, some of us are shown the way time and time again. Which person are you? What will your last words be as they place someone that you love in the ground.
Til this day I feel empty but I know that this to shall pass. I may hurt some days and curse the others but still I stand. I may want to question GOD's work but I know better. I know that there are other things at work and we do better to enjoy what time we have left on this borrowed world. I fear death but I still stand and I promise that if you apologize or allow someone to apologize to you, when this time comes your way you will stand as well!
Peace & Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment