The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Thursday, February 4, 2010

His Protector

He told me he was afraid
He said that his life is stuck
He is sorrounded by brick walls
He has so much that he wants to show
Though he can't express it at all
He's afraid to loose everything
I see a man that has more love in his heart than the world as one
I see a man that can change a life with just his presence
I see a man trying so hard to make everyone around him happy
I see a man sacrificing his own happiness to keep smiles on the faces of others
Here is a man that cries alone
Here is a man that stays strong for me but hurts his self
Here is a man that enjoys the simple things in life
Though his own life isn't that simple
What could I do to help him
What could I say to give him strength
What could I show him to make him see his full potential
I cry for him more than myself
I see a life not lived I see a heart battered and bruised
I see a soul growing darker and darker with every verbal damnation
He questions his fate
He questions his life
He questions his savior
He questions his self
I pray for him everynight
I pray that he opens his mind, eyes, heart and soul
I pray that he finds his inner strength
I pray that he draws a closed ear to hate and ignorance
I want him to run to me
I want him to hold on to me
I want him to cry in my arms
I want him to let it go
I want him to let me carry the load for him
He holds it in
He runs away
He hides the pain
He offers me happiness but cares not for any of his own
He is a gift from GOD
He is a jewel so precious and bright
He is an angel
He is my guide
He is my stone
He is my high
I want him to see me as the same
I want him to believe in his heart
I want him to take my hand I want him to look forward
I just want to be his protector

No comments:

Post a Comment