The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Chocolate High

I am in this state of mind where I can't imagine breathing without knowing that he is doing the exact same thing
I am feeling like once I close my eyes to sleep is he already sleeping and is he dreaming of me
When I eat I take a pause and hope that he is taking the time to eat and seek nurishment as well
I start to laugh and then I pause and hope that he is finding happiness throughout his day

Well that is a bit extreme but it is close! LOL! I have this hunger for him, this longing to be with him on every waking second, minute and hour of the day. He makes me smile from the inside out and it washes away the gloom that formed over me. We bond on a level that I can't understand and nor do I want to figure out. It's like saying "I love you" is a shield from the world and a comfort to finally sleep peacefully again. I've told him my life story and he's still here. We share our good, bad and in between. We know the importance of quality time and yet we still share our lives with others. I listen to songs differently now, trying to piece together a collage that would make for the perfect song that describes his meaning in my life. I try to tell him but me being all right with words, still I trip over them as if they are bags and bags of clothing scattered throughout my brain. He moves me to dance without moving my feet and yet my body finds a rhythm that I can't deny. I want to sing out loud but the words are so precious I want to keep them to myself. He has a way of smiling at me when I'm wondering what is on his mind. It makes me feel like I'm swimming in his emotions while he drying off from several laps of my own. We reach the highest level of happiness just holding one another and not thinking of what is to come. I float into the office and my day doesn't start until I hear the words, "Have a good day at work" It's more than I could have ever imagined and more than I felt I deserved. The saying, "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it" Oh how true that statement is. I often wondered why would we not want what we wished for. Then I had a moment where it felt so overwhelming to have someone tucked so deeply into my heart. It started feeling like it was too good to be true. I tried to pry it away but like skin to flesh it remained. At that moment I realized that my wish, my need, my want and my prayer had come true. Recreational drugs, drinking, sex, money, spending, material desires have nothing on this chocolate high that I'm on. Those things are temporary pleasures but love like this is an all time high!

No comments:

Post a Comment