The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Back To Education

I started class January 7th! I must say that it was a rude awakening! I have been out of school since I was 17th! Walking into this building and watching so many eager minds ready and focused.
Me walking with every step filled with fear, uncertainty and plain out worry. Would I be able to keep up? Would I measure of to the expectations? Will the work totally overwhelm me?
This is the very reason that most of us never go back to furture our education. We feel that since I've been out so long there really isn't a reason to go back. Some lives may live and survive by that thought but the life I want doesn't live by that standard.
I feel just as eager and focused as the students walking into that not so intimidating building. I felt very confident talking to that professor about our assignments!
It's not a matter of feeling like you don't belong, it's a matter of claiming the space that you want. Once I planted myself in my seat I felt like I belonged there. I felt like this seat was waiting on my presence.
So now that I've accomplished that portion of my new path I will attack every other one the exact same way!
Peace and blessings to those out there pursuing new roads of life. A big "Good luck" to those that want a change!
In life the only regret is never trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment