The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Day Of Obama

I went to vote this morning and I realized something...with a press of a touch screen I've just pushed Obama that much closer to becoming our next president!
Thinking back on this I feel very excited because this has never been a reachable posibility. Never have we thought that a man of color could make it into the white house other than to serve the acting president.
I feel it in my soul that this is the day of true change. This is the day that we will rein stronger and more aware of our surroundings.
I've talked to a few people and I've received negative comments about Obama but I will keep those to myself as I wish the people that told me would have done.
The problem that we face isn't from other races or nationalities it's from our very own people. It's easy to sit back and holla how this won't work, this isn't going to happen, he must be getting help from white folks, etc. How about you get off of your ass and make the struggle real in your life. How about you make a change for something that serves more of a purpose than for your own selfish reasons!
I got your back Obama and I will stand strong through it all! This is your time and Tuesday is your day!
Be blessed to you all and I pray that we make the change necessary to bring about peace for our people!

No comments:

Post a Comment