The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Change In Weather

The wind make a drastic change today
It felt as though everything around me began to shake
At that moment I couldn't think of what to grab a hold to
My heart was shaking but it would be too soft to grab
My brain was throbbing but it would have been too big to hold
My eyes were shifting but they were too slippery to keep a hold of
My lips were trembling but they kept on jumping out of my hand
So I started looking at my material possessions
My cell phone was snuggled deep in my pockets so there was no care to secure it as it holds connections to all of my important people
My jewelery was well in tact so no need to store it away
My pictures were all over the place so I was left with picking the most important one
Should I grab pictures about my past
Should I hold onto the picture of my present
Yet there was a frame that had no picture at all
It was a frame awaiting the picture of my future
At that moment I was confused and a little saddened
The winds calmed
My surroundings settled
And I was left with questions and uncertainties
Life is a constant storm
There are no true predictions on what it will do
In a split second the winds could change
What would you hold on to
What would you let go
What would you miss
What could you forget
Being a writer I have the choice to change the destiny of whomever I choose
But being human you are at the mercy of fate and fate can be cruel at times
I know not what my future holds
But I do know what not too hold on to so tightly
When the storm comes you must face it head on
Running or turning away from it only makes the outcome that much worse

No comments:

Post a Comment