The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sometimes

Sometimes when I’m alone in my room I begin to dream
It sometimes turn into a dream of happy and joyful thoughts
Most nights it is all dark and cold, I can’t turn away from the dark
spirits that face me

Sometimes I pray before I sleep, hoping that the dreams are going
to be dreams that I will enjoy
Sometimes I ask my Mother about my dreams, she tells me that my dreams
reflect my inner thoughts, emotions, and intentions

Sometimes when I think about that remark it frightens me
I sometimes wonder what type of person I truly am

I remember days when I hungered for the misery of others
Sometimes I even did things that I knew would trigger unhappiness
in someone’s life
I use to always want, but was damned sure that I wasn’t going to
give

Sometimes I would feel sorry for a lost soul and would offer a friendship
But when they annoyed me, I’d join the crowd to destroy their confidence

Now I’ve faced those demons and started my life all over again
I’ve made amends with all of those poor defenseless souls that I tried
so hard to destroy
They tell me now, that I am someone all together genuine and they trust
my well being

But if they only knew that I feel like being who I use to be, so I could just
be alone, “SOMETIMES!”


Kru-Shal/4/20/98

No comments:

Post a Comment