The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

More Expensive Than Money

My beat up old race car
My shiny play pistol
My little shining star
My red and blue blow whistle

All of these things are of value, to me at least
Nothing touched my heart more
I still remember the day I purchased them from the store

All brand new, shiny and fair
I threw all my other toys away without a care

Every night before I slept
It was those toys, that in bed I kept

When I got older my interest in them grew small
So I tossed them away, not one but all

Now as I reminisce on the times of being a child
Unlike the other kids my toys kept me from going wild

This may sound alittle childish and over all funny
But in my heart, those toys were, “MORE EXPENSIVE THAN MONEY!”


Kru-Shal/1998

No comments:

Post a Comment