The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Thursday, May 19, 2011

I Remember Me

Yeah I remember that look, that sly smile, the roll of the eyes, the piercing stare, that head nod even though you could care less what you are hearing
Yeah I remember that walk, that strong stomp, that brisk speed, that posture and pride
I remember that laugh, loud, infectious, exhausting, and so full of joy
I remember that cry, that pain burning the insides,that hold over allowing it to all come out
I remember those nightmares, the ones where everything ends, you see the world just destroyed while you stand there feeling terrified and helpless
I know that serious look, that concentration on trying to take in everything being said because you know it's true
What about now? Do you recognize this smile, nothing behind it, just a happiness inside
I know that walk, such confidence, such pride and humility
I know that laugh, true, full of joy, and enjoying life and what is unfolding within it
I know that cry, looking at sad movies, listening to a sad story from someone close to you
I remember those dreams, now that makes no sense at all, flying, having super powers, seeing the world fall apart but you seem to find a way to stop it
I know that serious look, though it doesn't last because as soon as you try you start to think of something so funny that was said or done you fall out making that same unforgettable laugh
I remember these things because when I was remembering those past things I so hope that one day I would change them...and I did...so can you
Just because you may feel those things from my past now in your present doesn't mean you can't feel the things I feel now
The thing you should never do if forget you

No comments:

Post a Comment