The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Light Is Out

I use to have dreams of a life that was so much better than my reality
I would imagine having the life I chose and not the one that chose me
The older I got the more that dream became something of a crutch and less like a little boy's fantasy
When life starts to show you that the world is full of several things, but dreaming isn't one of them
You start to realize that the life you've built around your imagination hasn't really protected you from what actually goes on around you
I've made sacrifices that I may not have made if that dream was not there in my mind
No matter how dark the path that dream kept me going
I never gave up even when the outlook was bad and almost impossible
Now that I have reached yet another dead end that dream has lost the ability to keep me hoping
Now I see the truth and it isn't the bright light from the dream I've been living for several years
Reality shows you what is and makes no nevermind if you are ready for it or not
You simply have to face it, deal, and keep it moving
Love is just a part of that cycle
You meet someone, you have some things in common, if there is enough, you fall in love
What the world doesn't always offer is a security blanket when that love falls apart
When that person you have grown to know and love becomes someone you no longer recognize you tend to feel that you've been betrayed
It is so easy to become angry and even bitter because of it
The hardest part is to take what you've learned and start to find the light again
No matter how bad things became you can still find something marvelous in the journey
You can look back at that person and even your self to see that though it didn't turn out the way you'd hoped, you still have something to hold on to
Don't look at your relationship as a failure, look at your life together as a learning lesson that you both have grown from
Understand that just because the dream is gone it doesn't mean that you have to stop dreaming
You simply have the choice to grow up, turn off the light, and build your new dream from your experience
Also understand there things never really end, maybe what has ended is the mindset you both had in the beginning and what is starting is the new outlook on your life based on what was and now what you both need to carry on

No comments:

Post a Comment