The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Sunday, November 14, 2010

With My Hands Tied

I can love you without any help from friends or family
I can hold you down when the going gets so rough that you want to give up
I can stand strong beside you when you are willing to fight for your respect and your honor
I can stand in front of anyone and vouch for your reputation
I can fight off any negativity that comes your direction
I will not stand for anything less than total respect for you
I won't give up on you just because you try to push me away
I won't fall apart if you try to hurt me with harsh words to scare me out of your life
I do these things because I know that you are more than you may understand
I know that you can give me the world and would give me the world if you had it in your power to do so
I know that you think and feel me daily and that my well-being is more important than what people want to know about us
Our relationship has stood the test of time
We have faced very dark moments and still we find that love that keeps us together
Even when we are upset with one another we still look out for each other
I know that love is so important and you always show me more than you tell me
I know I can depend on you for anything
I get all that I need and all that I want
I am spoiled and I love it
I can make you smile
I can make you cry
I can make you laugh
I can make you high
Love is what I give and that is no small amount
My heart weighs heavier than a ton
My love is warmer than any quilt or comforter
My arms are stronger than any chain
My belief in you is unmovable like Mount Everest
My love for you is stronger than any religious belief
I can love you through the worst of time
I can love you even when you don't love yourself
I can love you even when the lord has called me home
I may not be here in person but you feel my presence so you'll never be alone
I have a big ego and you have one as well
That's why we compliment one another
That's why we remain strong
That's why we look to one another when things around us are destroyed
I can do all these and more
Even with my hands tied

No comments:

Post a Comment