The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Waking From 1000 Years Of Sleeping

It's shocking at times what we miss when we thought we were living so full and catching every single blip on our life portrait
I felt for so many years that I wasn't being heard, that I wasn't being taken seriously, that people saw me but didn't notice the real me
I walk through this world wondering if my potential would ever get noticed
Would someone really stop, look back, raise an eyebrow and ask me to repeat what I just said
This entire time of me thinking this, it was happening
All of this time I was the one not noticing my potential, I was so caught up with looking at everyone else and not noticing myself
I was so hooked on getting feedback that I wasn't paying attention to myself
It boggs the mind on how we miss the obvious
How we never pay attention to what is right in our faces
How we just take so much time to search for something we feel is difficult when in fact it can be so easy and stress free
So after such a long slumber I am taking in account my surroundings
I pay attention to what I say and how it is being taken in
I choose my words wisely and I give every effort to make sure that what I say has been thought through and felt
So no more sleeping for me I am wide awake and as alert as ever

No comments:

Post a Comment