The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

So Very Thankful

When asked what I am thankful for I am left speechless
I am no way near being materialistic so I can't say that I'm thankful for the things I am able to buy
I am not driven by money so I can't say that I love the job that pays the big bucks
I am not selfish so I can't just think of me when expressing what I feel I am most thankful for
I am thankful for the many blessings that I receive on a daily basis
The family that I love around me showing me how much they care
That special man that I married that stands by my side through the good and the bad
The friends that I've met in my past, my present, and my future
The conversations with people where I can teach them more about me while I'm learning more about them
The moments when you realize how much you have in common with people that you've barely known
The smiles that you get and the smiles that you have when surrounded by such thoughtful, funny, and at times crazy people
Realizing that you've created a world that only a chosen few can understand
Realizing that you aren't alone when feeling like life hasn't touched the surface of your goals and aspirations
Knowing that you are more than you appear
Knowing that what you may be doing right now doesn't display who you truly are inside
Knowing that you can touch a strangers heart in a way that changes their lives forever
I am thankful for that chance
I am thankful for those people
I am most thankful for GOD for creating me and instilling me with the knowledge to understand the true meaning of being thankful

No comments:

Post a Comment