The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Monday, October 20, 2014

Scars

Standing in the mirror eyeing myself from head to toe
Not being conceded, just noticing my scars
Some visible and some inside
A trail of life in a reflection of glass
How do you tell someone’s present from their past?
When you can’t merely ask them their story
Though they lived it, there are always holes in the timeline
I stand looking at myself and in wonder I tilt my head
There is a scar over my heart
How long has that been there?
I wonder if it will ever heal
For each scar I see, I can understand how each of them make me feel
I have the choice to wear them or live them
I have the choice to own them or give them the power
When others see me, can they see my scars?
Do they notice their own?
Are our scars the attraction we feel when we meet someone and the vibe is real?
Are we lying to one another when we smile?
Is it just living past the scars or living in total denial?
No matter the case, scars have a place
Acknowledge them or don’t
Become a victim of them I won’t
Though I will give them their moment in the light
After their 5 minutes of fame I bid them good night

No comments:

Post a Comment