The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I’m Dancing Again

There once was a tune that played in my ear
It would make my body sway
It would bring a jovial sensation to my ears
Life around me was like a song
The hard times would only make the tune beat stronger
The happy times would smooth out the melody and I would rock to the rhythm
Then one day the music stopped
The instruments that made my melody so beautiful started to disappear
The saxophone I called “Dad” was no longer blaring his tune
The violin I called “Tony” suddenly loss his soothing flow
The piano I called “Mom” no longer could effortlessly play her song
Lastly the horn I called “Edward” loss his sound
I stood in the middle of the dance floor
I looked around for a sign that the music could once again play
I tried to put other instruments in their place
Nothing I did made the music come back
One day as I looked to the heavens for help
I could hear humming coming from a group of flutes I call “Family”
I began to whistle along with the tune they were creating
I then realized that the music never left me
I just stopped listening
Now I walk with a stride that is only measured by the beautiful sounds of happiness
Never stop dancing to your own music and remember that though dark times are ahead, there is always a reason to sway

No comments:

Post a Comment