The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Me

I stood over the ocean and saw my reflection
It felt like a stranger looking back at me
I gestured to see if the reflection would mimic me
Yet it didn’t move
Then my heart started to pound
I was instantly terrified at this image I couldn’t stop staring at
It had its own personality
It moved when it decided to
It showed so much emotion
It didn’t hold back anything
Just then I realized that it was me, just the me I used to be
The me that stood out because of my mind
The me that did what I wanted to do
The me that had total control over my emotions
The me that had total control on my decisions
The me that gave all I had without the fear of giving too much
This was before the world attacked me
This was before I had to say good-bye to loved ones
Grief is a powerful adversary if you aren’t prepared to face it
At the same time it can be the fuel for strength you never knew you had

No comments:

Post a Comment