The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Monday, September 8, 2014

You

Before you…

I would close my eyes and see nothingness
I would open my mouth to sing but would yell
I would lie in my bed to sleep but would toss and turn
I would be in a crowd and want to engage but would stand alone
I would want to bust out laughing but would cry
My life seemed motionless and so uncertain
My everyday seemed to run on and on and on
No matter what I tried to do to fill the void the emptiness only grew
I felt consumed and depleted


With you…

I close my eyes and envision the future we are building together
I sing constantly and smile with every song…you sing with me
I lie in bed to sleep but stay up talking and laughing with you
I walk past the crowds to be with you
I laugh so much that I cry from how much joy is within me
My life is so uncertain because there are just so many possibilities
My days are too short and my time away from you is too long
I am filled to capacity with love from you and for you that it overflows
I am consumed by your energy and as time grows I am expanding my soul to include you

No comments:

Post a Comment