The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Working My Zen

Trying my best to remain Zen! Growing up with a temper is difficult. You have so many emotions racing through you at once. It at one point was difficult not to go off. Body temperature would rise and the nose started bleeding. I figured out that it wasn’t that I was that angry, it was that I held so much in. So I made it a point to start speaking my mind to avoid that feeling ever again. Now that I am approaching 39, I still do my self-evaluation and self-reflection. I am starting to feel like maybe I am too Zen and people are starting to take my coolness for granted. Maybe I need to let the old me out just a bit to get my point across. I refuse to just let go of the work I’ve done in making myself better. I refuse to keep feeling like I need to watch what I say when people obviously could care less about my feelings.

With age comes knowledge and wisdom; with patience comes clearer vision and understanding. In the palm of your hand you can grasp all you know about life and still feel that you know enough. The myth about growth is that it happens with each passing year. The truth is that it happens from learning and changing based on experiences in life. So in order to truly grow, you must submit to the truth, learn humility, and take the approach to humbleness.

No comments:

Post a Comment