The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Friday, September 26, 2014

Us & We

There’s just enough to feed one of us
So I give you the portion
There’s only one sip left
So I put the cup to your lips
There’s only enough gas to make it to one of our destinations
So I drive you to where you need to be
These are my intentions for you but yet you have the same intentions for me
So we share the last morsel
So we sip from the same cup
So we both decide to stay in and be together
In a relationship there is sacrifice, selflessness, support, dedication, and loyalty
In love you no longer think of just you
In love you build a foundation that is strong enough to hold you both down
No more “I” and “Me”
It is only “Us” and “We”
The day you let them in your life you give up what you felt was all yours
It’s a decision made easy because of how much you love them and they love you
All you should see is what you can do and where you can go
All you should envision is how much stronger your love will grow

No comments:

Post a Comment