The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Together

Yearning to be heard, but my words seem absurd
Trying to focus on what you say, but my attention fades away
Reaching out for you, but my arms become heavy
Trying to keep you warm, but my body feels oh so cold
It’s not you, it’s me
Unsure of what this all could be
So much trapped inside and I fear the idea of setting it all free
Could you take what comes?
Could you deal with the full story?
Could you be my anchor once the flood gates are destroyed?
Will you understand that my story doesn’t make me?
Hell, can I truly admit that it doesn’t?
Confusion, doubt, fear, insecurity, uncertainty
Yet I want to feel the opposite when you lay next to me
I don’t want you to carry the burden of my life
For you have your own to hold
What type of life would it be if we both let our past unfold?
No longer prisoners of our story
But washed away pure by his glory
A higher power steps in
A new way of living begins
Will you walk with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment