The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Friday, September 12, 2014

That's Life

Have you ever had a day where it feels like no matter where you step there is yet another stumbling block in your way?
Ever feel like no matter how much you climb you just slide right back down?
Ever feel like the world makes a choice to attack you all at the same time?
No matter how you try not to let it get to you, it still does, and those around you that love you can see it and are being hit by it as well
Life is just a force that cares not of your situation, your frustrations, your concerns, your grievances, and your need for peace
Submission isn’t a choice and you shouldn’t want it to be
There has got to be a reason that things get so bad
There has got to be a reason that you can’t see the forest beyond the trees
There has got to be a light at the end of the dark and narrow tunnel
I refuse to stop fighting
I refuse to give up
I refuse to let go of all that I’ve worked so hard for
The true definition of strength is knowing when to say, “I am truly overwhelmed and I don’t know what to do!”
It doesn’t mean that you’re weak or giving up, it means that you can address when you aren’t at your best and you know that you aren’t being yourself
It is life, it won’t suddenly become peaches and cream, but you can still work towards that image
It isn’t impossible to survive; it just requires more of your strength, and more of your patience
If you aren’t alone, it requires the strength of your partner and the patience he gives
I submit to not being able to do it all
I submit to admitting that I don’t have all the answers
However, I will not submit to defeat and I will never give up

No comments:

Post a Comment