The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Monday, September 8, 2014

In love...

What a wonder, what a joy, there is no other life I would employ
You are the destination to my journey around the world
In 80 days..forget that, I want to love you in 80 ways
That’s just a random number and isn’t remotely enough
I stand tall, chest out, not a thug but this brotha is truly tough
I’ve endured a life that most couldn’t survive
What’s my secret…I thank God that I’m still alive
I don’t see it as loss of people I love
I see it as their birth to a higher power
Though I miss them every second, minute, and hour
Back to you, yeah the cutie that stole my heart
Now that our lives are one we’ll never part
Because of you there is a rhyme and reason
I have invested my lifetime and not my season
That thumping you feel in my chest when we embrace
Yeah that’s excitement and joy
A true love that knows its place
Never question what you are to me
Never doubt my future but ask about my history
Because my story with you is still being told
Our love will still be remembered when Earth is empty and life as we know it becomes old

No comments:

Post a Comment