The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Proposal

He asked me for my hand and instantly my heart started to race. “Am I ready for this step?” is what I was thinking but my heart was screaming aloud “YES! YES! YES!” Some would call me crazy for falling in love so quickly, but others know me to be a person that follows their feelings and not their thoughts…much less the opinions of others.

Don’t get me wrong I understand that you must think through things before making a conscience decision, but when it feels right it just moves you to decide quicker. I looked at him and smiled, I could feel the intensity in his body…he was waiting for my response. I didn’t want to answer too quickly and then I didn’t want to take too long.

I thought over our relationship, all of the things that led to this moment. When we initially met it was as if we’d known one another forever. I couldn’t envision how my life was before he came into it. I know it all sounds cliché but he feels like my lifelong love. What would be the big deal with accepting his marriage proposal? If I love him like I do now, why would I fear taking that final step with him?
Then fear crept back into my heart. What if I say yes and this changes everything between us? What if we are fine the way we are? Would I be making a huge mistake by changing what has made us happy thus far?

I looked down at the ring; I could feel tears forming in my eyes. I looked up at him and saw that he was already tearing up and trying to be strong. It felt like he’d already known my answer before I did. I couldn’t contain the anticipation any longer. I wiped the tears from my eyes, took his hand and placed it on my heart and said…

No comments:

Post a Comment