The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Friday, August 22, 2014

Enough is Enough

If someone approached you right now and asked you, “Who are you and what are you doing to leave a legacy?”
What would be your answer? Tough questions or do you have an answer?

We tend to exist just to be here with no purpose. Something interesting happened to someone close to my heart yesterday. Someone in his family felt it necessary to call a pastor and have the pastor come to his house to “Pray the gay away.”
What always amazes me with situations like this is the fact that people automatically want to assume that we are evil and are cheering for Satan’s return just because we live our lives free from the proverbial closet. It’s that type of mentality that causes such a rift in our society and wrecks our culture as people.

Regardless of your skin tone, your choice in life, your choice in friends, your choice in hobbies or habits…you are free to do whatever the hell you choose to do. No one has the right to tell you otherwise. It’s when you decide to go after others when you don’t agree with who they are and what they do when it has nothing to do with you.

I am in a family with Christians and they live by the word and for the word. I see their transformation firsthand and not once have they treated me any differently. It’s because a true child of God knows not to cast a stone and speak for God. If God actually has an issue with who I love, I am pretty sure that he is more than capable of addressing me in a way that I would understand and respect.

“Bible Thumpers” are people that get a menial portion of something that they consider the word and run around thumping everyone that they believe live against what they believe they understand. Once you begin to go toe to toe with them (Like my Nugget did to someone that challenged him on the Bible yesterday) they end up submitting and just stating the obvious, “God is the one that can judge you, not me.”
With all that we have going on in the world today, our youth are dying, police are becoming public enemy number one, our babies are still being taken and brutalized, yet you still want to attack us for being us. There are ignorant ass people wanting to protest Robin William’s funeral because he portrayed a gay man in a hilarious movie, “Bird Cage.”

This is the trifling world that we live in. You want to be heard but you refuse to listen. You want to be seen but refuse to open your eyes. You won’t change us and you damn sure can’t say that you’re better than us because we aren’t on a campaign to change everyone gay; we just want to live our lives. You on the other hand make it your daily and nightly mission to try to destroy us as a people. If your “Bible” teaches you to make someone hate themselves and feel ashamed to live, then I will stick to my personal relationship with my God and I will leave you to continue dancing with the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment