The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Monday, May 9, 2016

Grieving Blues

Such a difficult transition this grief cycle
One minute you’re feeling high and happy
The next moment you are feeling down and depressed
It’s so strange how feeling happy can turn into feeling guilty
The memories of them
The times you shared
The times you laughed
The times you cried
They replay in your mind over and over again
Sometimes you find it hard to go to certain places because thoughts flood your mind
Hearing a particular song can instantly make you cry
You start to ask the big questions
Why did you create us?
Why did you give us the capability to love?
Why connect us to people we bond with and then take them away?
Of course there are no answers and you are left with more questions
So eventually you just start to, as they say, fake it until you make it
You believe that hopefully one day I will be as happy as I pretend to be
No one will see the pain that constantly resides in me
The face you where can be heavy to carry but in the end that’s what you are left with
Holidays are difficult because it’s another reminder of your loss
The cycle is lifelong and you eventually learn to anticipate the moods
But believe me when I say that there is no cure for the grieving blues

No comments:

Post a Comment