The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Eyes On The Prize

You’re right about me when you say that I am hard to please. I can make a situation more than what it is. I can flip a conversation to make it more than you speaking, but listening to yourself. I am guarded at times and I often sit back and observe you in action. I know that sometimes you feel uncomfortable but it’s just what I do to see if you can keep up with yourself.

So often people talk too much and aren’t aware of what they’ve put out into the universe. I am one of those people that remember it well and then quiz you on it later. It’s not for fun, it’s for a reason. I believe that a man should be about his word at all times. So forgive me if I hold you to your own words.

I don’t offer all of me so easily because I am aware that there are people that feast on the pain that they cause others. Broken people can seek out good people. It can be like revenge for their past hurts. It’s sad but true that we can’t always trust what is said and even at times we can’t trust what is done. Does that make me damaged? I don’t think so.

I believe that I have earned so much experience that I am ready to meet that man that is ready for the challenge and can offer me the same in return. If I am too intense, then maybe you just aren’t serious enough. If I don’t laugh at every single joke, then maybe you just aren’t that funny. If I get on you about almost every single thing you do, then maybe I’m watching you that closely.

Come one people…we forget that the heart is the most precious thing you can give away. Knowing that, why would I just hand it to you freely? We take the time to do homework before we purchase a car. We research everything we can before we start a new prescription. We search and research everything we can find before we decide on that vacation. So why wouldn’t I put that much work into getting to know you better and proving whether or not you are worthy of my heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment