The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

It's Time

He told me finally that he loved me
He grinned, turned away, looked to the sky, and sighed
I’d waited so long to hear those words
At the moment he said it I could see the weight lifting from his eyes
He’d carried the fear of hurt for so long
Having his heart broken before made him shun away from the idea of loving again
Now that the walls are crumbling I begin to have fears of my own
Can I give him what he needs?
Will I be the partner that he deserves?
Will I let him down?
It’s funny how we fight so hard to have someone love us but then we fear the love
I guess I’m not as ready as I thought I was
Though this moment has been long overdue
In that moment I shook my own fears and doubts
I gathered my past pains and threw them all out
I grinned, turned away, looked to the sky, and sighed
I told him that I loved him, and then I cried

No comments:

Post a Comment