The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Sunday, January 23, 2011

He Makes Me

When I'm not around him I feel less
When I can't see him I hurt inside
When I finally get to hold him I feel whole
When I can see him everyday it makes the harsh days worthwhile
In my life I've searched so very long to find the other half of myself
To actually have that part of my soul before the age of 40 makes a huge difference in how I view being an adult
I see so many people searching for what I have found
I use to be so disillusioned on what love was or if I would ever actually find it
I look back on my previous relationships and I see so many mistakes and so many bad decisions
I understand that your past is just a road map to your future
It gives you the tools you need to know when the right path is ahead of you
When that happens everything around you makes sense
It all comes to you like an "Ah Ha!" moment
For a very long time I grew up believing that I shouldn't allow a man to make me anything
I felt that I didn't need another person carrying anything for me or thinking that I needed them for anything
I felt that being independent meant that I could do for me and no one else could ever fill that other part of my life
Through my years of different relationships no one actually did
Which lead me to believe that all the while I was true in my thinking
That is until December 2008
I met someone that made me question my thinking
I met someone that made me stop in my tracks and do a self-inventory of my qualities, ambitions, dreams, and my overall makeup
I see now that it isn't making you less of a person to admit that another person makes you whole
It only makes you stronger
It only makes you more aware
It only creates a dynasty of emotional and spiritual support
So when you meet the right one don't run from the possibilities
In life when something is right for us it tends to scare us
That is because when you meet your soulmate the life clock starts truly ticking
You see that your immortality is now shared with another spirit
That person shows you how human you really are
He makes me see the truth of my life and the truth of the end, but with him the end seems brighter than I have been led to believe

No comments:

Post a Comment