The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A True Friend

Dear Friend,

How are you doing today
After our conversation I just couldn't let you walk away
Without telling you how sorry I am that you felt the pain you feel
That all this time you thought you were in love and it wasn't real
I'm sorry he hit you and didn't care enough to stop
I'm sorry that he cheated on you and gave into his manhood and wasn't the loyal guy you thought
I wanted to say so badly that you should leave over and over again
Though when you would speak ill of him you would also say you didn't want this to end
I was chained to my loyalty to you and it left me speechless
Even though the life you were living with him was truly a mess
I love you enough to risk you becoming mad with me for telling you the truth
I feel you were a fool to stay in a life where it was right in front of you and no need to search for proof
He never cared about you because he knew you would never leave
He used you up because it was easy and he did whatever he pleased
It was a dance where he lead you and were pushed around
He won you over because he made you feel less of yourself by always putting you down
The fights all night and the love making during the day
Those were his ways of taking your pain away
Yet you gave into him to easily that it didn't mean a thing to him at all
He knew that all he had to say was he loved you and once again you would fall
I confronted him and told him that he should leave you alone
He said that even if he wanted to leave you would follow him like a dog with a bone
Before I knew it I struck him through all of my pain
As I landed each strike I felt your honor being regained
When I snapped out of my daze he lay there bloody and bruised
I made him promise to leave you even though he wanted to refuse
That's why he's gone from you life forever
If you can forgive me, I'll remain your friend and aide you through the stormy weather
Because in the end it's true friendship that keeps your heart together

No comments:

Post a Comment