The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

In My Way

He reaches into me as if he's God ripping my soul from my body
He taunts constantly and tempts my urge to feel naughty
He knows my darkest secrets even though my lips are shut
He never lets me forget my wrongs
His judgement feels like knives in my gut
I stand in the mirror and he stares back
I try to move before he does but I'm too slow to fight off his attack
It drives me crazy with how much power he has over me
As hard as I fight through the damamged grounds I just can't break free
My dreams are up for display and I can't hide my true nature
The lust, the rage, the need for attention, the constant taste for the rapture
Though I know there is more to me than these negative needs
Some how he knows how to fuel me and pour over my greed
It's a dance that never stops and yet the rhythm always remain the same
It annoys me over and over again, yet he enjoys our little mind games
He laughs in the face of danger where I fear what may become
I stand for honesty, trust, quality, all the things that he finds dumb
Though he remains in my brain I know he will never leave
Just because he exists, doesn't mean that I owe him the possibility that I believe
I can live without his influence, his constant judgement over how I live day to day
He is my dark side and he will always be in my way

No comments:

Post a Comment