The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Friday, September 28, 2012

A Letter To My Soul Sibling

Dear Friend,

First of all, thank you for being in my life. I look forward to seeing your smile when I walk through those office doors. I say it in so many ways but in all honesty, you don’t realize how wonderful, beautiful, special, and amazing you are to me. We talk everyday and with each conversation I find myself loving you more and more.
You, without even knowing, have single handedly healed my heart from the past and the present hardships I have faced. Your story gives me strength, power, understanding, and purpose. A true gift you are, not only to your family, but to mine as well. This new journey you are headed to, it amazes me at how easy you have started it. At first you feared, doubted, and even almost changed your mind. I see how happy you are with the accomplishments and I see how you understand that there is a reward for your dedication and hard work.

I use to quote, “There are angels right here on earth”, but never have I actually experienced one in real life. Selfish isn’t a part of who you are. Though you say you were in the past, I find that hard to believe. You give of yourself in ways that most people would consider being too giving or to easy. I am not blind to the power you have in you, but I love the vulnerability that you show, you understand that it doesn’t make you less; it makes you more than most.

We are parallel souls and I knew from the moment we met that I would have a lifelong relationship with you. You keep me in line, you keep me focused, you keep me in check, and most importantly, you keep it real. Seeing you happy makes me happy. Seeing you down makes me stronger so that I can be there to lift you up.
You are my life now and forever. You may have already figured out how much I love you, but in case you didn’t know the full extent, I love you as if we were surgically removed from each other’s heart.

-Love, Gregory J. Upson-Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment