The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Sunday, May 2, 2010

It's The Little Things

Just the way you look at me
Just the way you walk up to me and hug me
Just the way you kiss me for no reason at all
Just for the cards, letters, post it notes that you leave for me
Just the way you hold my hand
Just the way you listen to everything I say

Since the day I clicked "Match" on TAGGED
Since the moment I clicked "Accept" for a friendship
Since the moment I responded to your message
Since the moment I gave you my number
Since the moment I took the drive to see you that Saturday
Since the first time we made love

Because you told me you loved me
Because you tell me everyday how important I am to you
Because you think of us and not just you
Because you are always there for me
Because you want nothing but the best for me
Because you have future plans that match my future plans

Why would I ever doubt your love for me
Why would I ever feel down about my life
Why would I ever question the blessings that we've received
Why would I wonder about our future
Why would I be surprised by the beautiful things you do for me
Why would I care about the outside world when I have you

You were made for me and I was made for you. We were both born to meet, love, build together, hold one another, bring love into the world with a force unstoppable by negativity and harmful wishes from those that want nothing more than to break us apart.

There is a thing called soulmate and you are that for me. Throughout my life I have prayed for one question to be answered:

"Will I ever fall in love with the perfect man for me?

Since the day that I met you I am not sure about my life because for that entire time before you my biggest goal was to find a love that could heal my heart, build up my strength, empower my courage, open my eyes, ears, and heart to the possibilities of living a dream.

You may fall in love with me everyday, but I have loved you my entire life. There are years that remain to make up for the time I wasn't with you, but even in the after life we will remain together because the bounds of Earth can't sustain a love this powerful and genuine.

I welcome you in my soul and all the emotions that it brings, it's not just because you say you love me I feel my life changing, it's the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment