The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What Next

Today as I sit in a training room learning another job and walking towards another completed goal I stop and ask myself, "What's next?"
My entire life has been about accomplishing, reaching goals, completeing the next task, and writing more down to keep me going.
In life we tend to just go with the flow, but I've found that to be a blind way to live. I would like to believe that our destiny is at our own hands because to believe that what we do is expected and already set in motion makes us zombies living a life for someone else and not ourselves.
My first reaction to this new chapter in my life was to say no thank you and wait for something that I know I really wanted, but I felt that I would be doing what came typical to me when I wasn't interested.
I decided to change up the game and walk the walk before complaining about the journey.
So often we tend to stick to what we know and then look confused when we are limited to what we can do.
How do you know what your limits are if you always stay the same?
How do you know what else you could learn if you are afraid to try?
How do you know that your life is so horrible when you refuse to make a sacrifice?
As a child I moved away from home and set out on a journey to find me and to live free from the shakles of what existed around me.
Being compared to other members of my family made me feel like I didn't have an identity of my own.
When I got a taste of the real world and finally understood my own make up and mental stability I learned so much about myself and realized that I had so much more to learn.
I realized that I never truly had a childhood and there was so much I missed out on because I wanted to grow up so fast.
Now in my mid-30's I feel like I'm a teenager all over again.
I want to take chances, I want to make sacrifices, I want to test the waters, and I want to walk a different walk to see where it will carry me.
Throughout the many years of my adult life I never really knew what love was until now. I never imagined that I could find someone that would love me to the level I felt I was.
Now it's a list with very strong check marks.
Marking off everything I thought I could and couldn't do.
The list has changed over time, yet it still remains minimal.
I feel well accomplished to just be 35 years old, I have lived a life that people in their 80's could sit and tell their grandchildren.
I now know that because that life is yours, you can make a move or you can stand still and watch the world move right along without you.
I choose to be a mover and someone that never looks back in regret.
So now that I am ready for another experience I check off the list containing the question, "What's Next?"

No comments:

Post a Comment