The World Beyond My Eyes

The World Beyond My Eyes
Destiny is what you make it

Friday, June 25, 2010

What Could Have Been

I could be typing another sorrow story
I could have received a different call
I could be lying in bed all alone
I could be crying my eyes out in total pain
I could be packing my things thinking about where would I go now
I could be making funeral arrangements
I could be calling family members with bad news
I could be looking at his picture and praying for it all to not be true

These things were very possible but it didn't happen
He is still with me
He is still holding me
He is still telling me he loves me
He is telling me how blessed he was to have survived
He is lying beside me and holding me tightly

My life could have been destroyed with an instant accident
My life could have changed instantly within moments

It terrifies me of what may have been my life at this point
But because I still have my soulmate in a strange twist of fate I seek solice in the opposite of what could have been

No comments:

Post a Comment